lunes, 24 de septiembre de 2012

Album of the month @ Electroaocustic Tales


Long awaited but finally released the ‘Luz’ LP by Every Hidden Color is on heavy rotation over here. Combining forces of drone artist Nicholas Szczepanik and ambient composer Federico Durand this record is an ambitious project that works with field recordings, drone layers and minimalistic melodic parts and both artists handwriting is shimmering through the richly textured soundscapes.
Anticipating the conclusion the album is simply sublime in every respect and consequently is listed as the album of the month September.
Sometimes you get completely lost in the deeply breathing drones that are full of warmth and comfort. It’s difficult to explain but nearly automatically I lean back in my chair and just let the music happen. Yes, the music happens and not just plays as it seems to tell so much about nature, life, colours and landscapes. That’s at least what I think to hear. Actually there are no titles for the parts of the album so I might be wrong. Anyway, later you realize that an introspective and minimalistic melody just slowly came in and added even some more beauty to the overall sound. Sure, I didn’t praise an album that much for a long time – be it the long time I’ve been waiting for this one to be released – but it’s one of the best releases this year so far. By the way, side B reminds me a lot of one of my favourite releases ever (‘Minima Moralia‘ by Chihei Hatakeyama).
Thank you very much, Electroacoustic Tales! F.